Asa has recently learned how to ride with no training wheels. Thanks to the training wheel fairy and our friend Rob who paid him $10.00. For awhile he was really unsure of it and didn't quit have the balance of keeping himself up! He wanted David or I right there next to him to catch him, and if he saw us kinda slip back he would turn his head not even paying attention and would fall! So that led him to not wanting to ride his bike at all! Every time he wanted to go outside we would ask him to get on it and he would say to us " I'm not five yet, (holding his 5 fingers up)!"
To our surprise today, he went outside to ride the scooter and NOT look for buggy bugs and he calls them. He rode the scooter for awhile and that was it! He then asked me if he could ride his bike and I was in complete shock! He got on it and there he went! He totally has control of it and can even turn without falling! He fell a couple times, because he was getting cocky and showing off as you might be able to tell in a couple of the pictures, but got right back up on it! The last fall was pretty hilarious! I didn't have the camera, but i will share with you his moment of a nice crash! I was sitting there in the driveway watching him cruise the col-di-sac and with in seconds he rode straight into the side of the tahoe and was thrown off the bike! It sounded like it hurt not to mention it looked like it hurt too, but he cried for a second (no joke) and said he wanted to go inside for the night! He was done. Asa does need to work on strating off by himself, but one thing at a time! We are very proud of his accomplishment and his effort to keep going!

3 comments:
YEAH Asa!!!!! Good job sweetheart. Aunt Gina (DD) is so proud of you and someday I will come watch you ride your bike!! I love you (and mommy and daddy) :)
Wow They grow up so fast!! How exciting!! Time for another one eh? LOL. He is so darn cute!!
Great pictures by the way!!
Melissa
Asa- what a big boy now! He looks like he is having so much fun!
Kiki loves you!
Post a Comment